Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health is one of the nation’s best children’s hospitals. Expert, family-centered pediatric care is available at Riley for every child who needs it.
Riley Hospital opened in 1924 as the state’s first hospital exclusively for children.
Now, more than 90 years later, Riley is home to the state’s largest pediatric research program, where physician-scientists move their discoveries as quickly as possible to the bedsides of children.
Children visit Riley more than 300,000 times each year.
Leading the Way
Did you know that Riley Hospital:
- Is the only hospital in Indiana that is nationally-ranked by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Children’s Hospitals
- Is home to Indiana’s only Level I Pediatric Trauma Center, Pediatric Burn Unit, Pediatric Stem Cell Transplantation Program and Pediatric Dialysis Program
- Offers more clinical trials for children than any other hospital in the state
- Treats the vast majority of children in Indiana diagnosed with cancer
- Is Indiana’s only comprehensive children’s hospital, with experts in every pediatric specialty: urology; diabetes & endocrinology; pulmonology; nephrology; neurology & neurosurgery; orthopedics; gastroenterology & GI surgery; cardiology & heart surgery; cancer; and neonatology.
Helping Riley Hospital
Riley is the renowned hospital it is today in large part due to financial support from generous partners like you.
Your gifts through Riley Children’s Foundation make it possible for Riley to conduct lifesaving pediatric research and enhance treatment for patients with family-centered services.
In This Section
A Child Life Moment November 17, 2017
Check out this child life moment with Andrew and Kathleen.×
Meet Orion November 1, 2017
Support Riley kids like Orion this holiday season.×
Meet Caiden November 1, 2017
Support Riley kids like Caiden this holiday season.×
Meet Harry November 1, 2017
Support Riley kids like Harry this holiday season.×
Meet Colton November 1, 2017
Support Riley kids like Colton this holiday season.×
Meet Caroline November 1, 2017
Support Riley kids like Caroline this holiday season.×
Meet Josephine November 1, 2017
Support Riley kids like Josephine this holiday season.×
How Riley Research Saved Josh's Life October 4, 2017
Watch how a boy with a life-threatening heart defect became healthy enough to run cross country.×
Caiden's Musical Send-Off! July 18, 2017
Six-month-old Caiden Rogers went home from the hospital for the first time in his life with a singing send-off. Mom Shakiyla Rogers says of Riley, “If we didn’t come here, he wouldn’t have made it.”×
Meet Ava Richards June 6, 2017
7-year old Ava Richards and her dad talk about living with type 1 diabetes.×