Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health is one of the nation’s best children’s hospitals. Expert, family-centered pediatric care is available at Riley for every child who needs it.
Riley Hospital opened in 1924 as the state’s first hospital exclusively for children.
Now, more than 90 years later, Riley is home to the state’s largest pediatric research program, where physician-scientists move their discoveries as quickly as possible to the bedsides of children.
Children visit Riley more than 300,000 times each year.
Leading the Way
Did you know that Riley Hospital:
- Is the only hospital in Indiana that is nationally-ranked by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Children’s Hospitals
- Is home to Indiana’s only Level I Pediatric Trauma Center, Pediatric Burn Unit, Pediatric Stem Cell Transplantation Program and Pediatric Dialysis Program
- Offers more clinical trials for children than any other hospital in the state
- Treats the vast majority of children in Indiana diagnosed with cancer
- Is Indiana’s only comprehensive children’s hospital, with experts in every pediatric specialty: urology; diabetes & endocrinology; pulmonology; nephrology; neurology & neurosurgery; orthopedics; gastroenterology & GI surgery; cardiology & heart surgery; cancer; and neonatology.
Helping Riley Hospital
Riley is the renowned hospital it is today in large part due to financial support from generous partners like you.
Your gifts through Riley Children’s Foundation make it possible for Riley to conduct lifesaving pediatric research and enhance treatment for patients with family-centered services.
In This Section
2018 Race for Riley October 8, 2018
Congratulations to Race for Riley on 22 years and nearly $4 million raised for the kids at Riley Hospital.×
Meet Hunter Schermerhorn September 27, 2018
A phone call from Hunter’s school nurse turned a life changing cancer diagnosis for the Schermerhorn family. See how Riley research is helping kids like Hunter and his family find the answers they desperately need.×
Women for Riley 10th Anniversary August 28, 2018
Congratulations to Women for Riley on 10 years of service and the legacy you continue to build.×
Meet Tyler Trent July 16, 2018
Riley patient Tyler Trent has everything going for him, except a cure.×
Kohl's Community Baby Shower July 16, 2018
Thank you Kohl's for helping us throw an educational community baby shower in Indianapolis.×
An Evening with daVinci Robot May 22, 2018
Learn about daVinci Robot, a tool purchased with help from donations to Riley Children's Foundation.×
Watch this VideoMore
The Sky is the Limit: Riley Cancer Center Family Prom 2018 May 22, 2018
Follow Riley kid Piper Lyon and her family through the magical experience of the Riley Cancer Center Family Prom, a tradition made possible by Women for Riley.×
Miracle Ride Celebrates 25 Years May 1, 2018
Congrats to our friends at Miracle Ride on 25 years and over $6 million raised for our Riley kids.×
Riley Maternity and Newborn Health December 18, 2017
Every baby deserves a fighting chance. Every family needs compassion. Every dollar helps our fight.×
Child Life Moment with GG December 18, 2017
Check out this child life moment with GG and Maggie.×