Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health is one of the nation’s best children’s hospitals. Expert, family-centered pediatric care is available at Riley for every child who needs it.
Riley Hospital opened in 1924 as the state’s first hospital exclusively for children.
Now, more than 90 years later, Riley is home to the state’s largest pediatric research program, where physician-scientists move their discoveries as quickly as possible to the bedsides of children.
Children visit Riley more than 300,000 times each year.
Leading the Way
Did you know that Riley Hospital:
- Is the only hospital in Indiana that is nationally-ranked by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Children’s Hospitals
- Is home to Indiana’s only Level I Pediatric Trauma Center, Pediatric Burn Unit, Pediatric Stem Cell Transplantation Program and Pediatric Dialysis Program
- Offers more clinical trials for children than any other hospital in the state
- Treats the vast majority of children in Indiana diagnosed with cancer
- Is Indiana’s only comprehensive children’s hospital, with experts in every pediatric specialty: urology; diabetes & endocrinology; pulmonology; nephrology; neurology & neurosurgery; orthopedics; gastroenterology & GI surgery; cardiology & heart surgery; cancer; and neonatology.
Helping Riley Hospital
Riley is the renowned hospital it is today in large part due to financial support from generous partners like you.
Your gifts through Riley Children’s Foundation make it possible for Riley to conduct lifesaving pediatric research and enhance treatment for patients with family-centered services.
In This Section
Watch this Video
Miracle Ride honored by Riley Children's FoundationCongratulations to the team at Miracle Ride on being... More
December 18, 2017
Miracle Ride honored by Riley Children's Foundation December 18, 2017
Congratulations to the team at Miracle Ride on being named our 2017 Champion For Children.×
Child Life Moment with Micah December 18, 2017
Check out this child life moment with Micah and Krista.×
Riley Maternity and Newborn Health December 18, 2017
Every baby deserves a fighting chance. Every family needs compassion. Every dollar helps our fight.×
Child Life Moment with GG December 18, 2017
Check out this child life moment with GG and Maggie.×
Making Moments Possible December 18, 2017
Thank you for joining our fight to make moments like these possible.×
Superhero Strength: Harry's Fight December 15, 2017
Learn how pediatric research at Riley Hospital is helping a boy win his battle against cancer.×
A Child Life Moment November 17, 2017
Check out this child life moment with Andrew and Kathleen.×
Meet Caroline November 1, 2017
Support Riley kids like Caroline this holiday season.×
Meet Josephine November 1, 2017
Support Riley kids like Josephine this holiday season.×
Meet Orion November 1, 2017
Support Riley kids like Orion this holiday season.×