Riley is Indiana's children's hospital, serving children from every single county across the state, and far beyond our borders. Riley Children's Foundation is grateful to have a committed team of regional leaders who spread awareness about Riley in their home communities.
Riley Regional Advisory Council Members support Riley Children’s Foundation’s mission and vision.
- Mission: We raise funds statewide and steward Foundation assets for the kids.
- Vision: To ensure children have access to exceptional healthcare by funding pediatric research, education and care.
These community leaders help create awareness about Riley Hospital and aid Riley Children's Foundation in their fundraising efforts in the following ways:
- Advocate: Share your Riley story or knowledge about Riley at events, organization meetings and with media.
- Lead by Example: State leaders are encouraged to give to Riley annually.
- Identify, Cultivate, Solicit and Steward: Identify potential Riley donors, help engage them and thank them for their gifts.
- Awareness: Introduce Riley Children's Foundation staff to schools, companies and key stakeholders in the community.
To learn more about becoming a Riley Regional Advisory Council Member, please contact Michelle Turchan at 317-808-8589 or MTurchan@RileyKids.org.
Regional Advisory Council, Senior Advisors
Bloomington: Ron Remak
Northeast (Fort Wayne area): Jerry Henry
North Central (South Bend area): Jeff Breiler and Paul Berrettini
South Central (Columbus area):
Southwest (Evansville area): Katy Gilberg
In This Section
Be the Star You Are May 22, 2019
Check out this behind the scenes look at the 2019 Riley Cancer Center Prom.×
Meet Rowan Breyts March 19, 2019
A baby dies in Indiana about every 14 hours. Rowan Breyts was not one of them. However, he came dangerously close.×
Kennedy's Story: How Family Support Helps December 19, 2018
Watch the Strayer Family's story about their Riley journey.×
Sheila and Jameson's Story December 19, 2018
Sheila Dolan shares how the donor-funded Riley Maternity and Newborn Health team saved her life, and her son’s life.×
Christian's Research Story December 19, 2018
Learn how Riley research helped save Christian Daugherty's life.×
Riley Leadership Message December 19, 2018
Hear from Riley leadership about supporting Be the Hope NOW: The Campaign for Kids.×
Be the Hope NOW: The Campaign for Kids December 19, 2018
We have launched a $175 million campaign for Riley Hospital to save kids’ lives through three high-priority programs.×
2018 Race for Riley October 8, 2018
Congratulations to Race for Riley on 22 years and nearly $4 million raised for the kids at Riley Hospital.×
Meet Hunter Schermerhorn September 27, 2018
A phone call from Hunter’s school nurse turned a life changing cancer diagnosis for the Schermerhorn family. See how Riley research is helping kids like Hunter and his family find the answers they desperately need.×
Women for Riley 10th Anniversary August 28, 2018
Congratulations to Women for Riley on 10 years of service and the legacy you continue to build.×