25th Anniversary Miracle Ride
One hundred percent of the money raised from one of the largest motorcycle charity events in the U.S. goes straight help sick and injured kids statewide at Riley Hospital for Children in a biking spectacular that includes an emotional ride past the hospital.
The 25th Anniversary Miracle Ride kicks off at 11:00 a.m. from Allison Transmission in Speedway, Ind. The event has cumulatively raised more than $6 million making Miracle Ride the largest independent fundraising donor for Riley Hospital for Children.
Motorcyclists raise money through fundraising efforts and registration fees of $50 per rider. Donations support the general benefit fund of Riley Children’s Foundation, addressing Riley Hospital’s most urgent needs.
Highlights of the approximately 90-minute ride include:
- Opening ceremonies at 10:00 a.m., Allison Transmission, One Allison Way, Indianapolis, IN 46222
- Ceremony includes: Gordon Pipers, Miracle Ride Ambassador Riley families, greeting by Bill Kingery, Miracle Ride Executive Director, and Kevin O’Keefe, President and CEO, Riley Children’s Foundation
- Tom Griswold, host of the nationally syndicated Bob and Tom Show, and longtime Miracle Ride supporter, will tell his own recent Riley story
- National Anthem sung by 2018 Riley Champion, Alli Wilsbacher, Evansville, IN
- Ride starts at 11:00 a.m. Bikers will ride past Riley Hospital, and weather permitting, Riley patients, families and caregivers will stand outside waving to the motorcyclists in gratitude.
- Riding around the Indianapolis Motor Speedway—the only time motorcycles are on the track this year!
- Ride ends at Miracle Ride tent for celebration at 143 N. Lynhurst Drive, Indianapolis (parking lot of 8 Seconds Saloon).
Two auxiliary events for the Miracle Ride:
- Friday, June 1 | 2:00 – 3:30 p.m.: Miracle Ride party in the Child Life Zone, Riley Hospital. Riley patients and families enjoy motorcycle-themed crafts, games and prizes.
- Saturday, June 3 | 9:00 a.m. – Noon: Miracle Ride Poker Run, Indianapolis start, Southside Harley Davidson, 4930 Southport Crossing Place, Indianapolis. Motorcyclists begin here in support of the Miracle Ride, ending at the Miracle Ride tent at 143 N. Lynhurst Drive. Poker runs will be held statewide, all ending in Indianapolis. Complete list here. Riley families will be onsite at all locations
About Riley Children’s Foundation
Riley Children’s Foundation is the fundraising arm of Riley Hospital for Children at Indiana University Health and the founding organization that opened Riley Hospital in 1924. Today Riley Hospital is recognized as one of the best children’s hospitals in the nation and is the only comprehensive children’s research hospital in the state of Indiana. Our mission is to raise funds statewide to support Riley Hospital funding priorities: pediatric research and patient care, maternity and newborn health and family support programs. Riley Children’s Foundation also funds Camp Riley and the James Whitcomb Riley Museum Home and Billie Lou Wood Visitor Center. For more information, visit RileyKids.org