Riley kids provide the drive for Don Schumacher Racing
On September 1, 2017, from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., Don Schumacher Racing (DSR) will open the doors to its massive headquarters in Brownsburg, Ind., for its 12th annual DSR Open House for Riley Kids—a free event to the public to support Riley Hospital for Children.
More than 4,000 people are anticipated at the event presented by Pennzoil® at Don Schumacher Racing located at 1681 E. Northfield Drive in Brownsburg, Ind., just west of Indianapolis.
- Special appearance by Riley kids and their families;
- A meet and greet with seven DSR winning drivers and hall-of-fame owner Don Schumacher;
- Expansive silent auction courtesy of DSR and its friends and sponsors;
- Behind-the-scenes access to DSR drag racing facility including tours of its fabrication and machine shops;
- One of the largest indoor car shows featuring 200 of the Midwest’s best custom and muscle cars;
- Performance by Gordon Pipers bagpipe and drum marching band featuring Scottish/Celtic music;
- Cackle-fest featuring nostalgia dragsters that will delight fans with the sounds of vintage nitro horsepower;
- Papa John’s Pizza will be selling pizza with all proceeds going to Riley Children’s Foundation;
- Food trucks on-site with a portion of sales going to Riley.
To date, DSR events have raised more than $500,000 in 11 years for Riley Children’s Foundation. Events include the Open House and December’s “Bowling for Riley Kids: This is How We Roll Night.”
Other DSR events in conjunction with Riley and the 63rd annual NHRA U.S. Nationals—drag racing’s most prestigious and final event of its regular season over Labor Day Weekend—include:
- Wednesday, August 30, 2017: Showcase of Funny cars and Top Fuel dragsters on Monument Circle from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. along with NHRA Fan Fest and Press Conference open to the public;
- Wednesday, August 30, 2017: Media are welcome to attend the annual party in the Child Life Zone at 3:00 p.m. at Riley Hospital. Party for Riley patients and families includes DSR drivers and race-themed crafts and activities with Papa John’s providing pizza.
Donations can be made to Riley Children’s Foundation at RileyKids.org/DSR17.