New member classes are formed once a year and an informal coffee is held each February.
If you would like more information regarding membership, email WomenForRiley@rileykids.org and designate Membership in the subject line.
ACTIVE MEMBERS EXPECTATIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Years of Service: Be an active member of Women for Riley for three years. After three years, members have the option to remain active on yearly basis or become an Associate Member. Associate Members continue engagement with Riley Hospital, but not in an active capacity.
- Annual Gift: Set an example for others by giving. Make an annual gift at the Riley Society level of at least $1,000. Women for Riley have a goal of 100% member giving.
- Community Ambassador: Attend the new member orientation meeting and take a tour of Riley Hospital for Children to become knowledgeable about Riley Children’s Foundation, Riley Hospital for Children and Camp Riley. Become educated about the grants program supported by Women for Riley.
- Meetings: Attend a minimum of three out of our five general meetings.
- Participate: Help sustain the organization by attending meetings, becoming an officer or chairing a committee, serving on a committee and volunteering for Women for Riley special projects. Members are also asked to vote to approve new grants at the October and February general meetings after reviewing all grants and the evaluation and recommendation of the Grants Committee.
- Prom: The Riley Cancer Center Prom is Women for Riley’s signature project. Members have the opportunity to help patients and their families in an intimate setting. Each member is asked to serve on a Prom Committee.
- Member Engagement: Women become involved because of their passion for Riley Hospital, but it is also a chance to meet and work with other women who share a common purpose. Plan to attend social functions to get to know other members and help the group develop an esprit de corps. Members can also become trained Riley volunteers and participate in arts and crafts activities each month at the hospital.
- Foundation events: Participate in Riley Children’s Foundation events such as the Annual Luncheon and Riley Society Events.
- Member recruitment: Help to identify and recommend potential Women for Riley members. Attend the annual new member coffee (February), sponsor prospective members and attend the spring luncheon in May to welcome new members.
In This Section
A Magical Night Under the Sea May 18, 2017
All too often children undergoing cancer treatments cannot stray too far from home. However, at last month’s Riley Cancer Center Family Prom more than 250 patients, family members and staff from Riley Hospital for Children enjoyed an evening of dancing, food and fun. A special thank you to Women for Riley for organizing this annual event for these deserving families.×
Riley Hospital Autism Hub April 4, 2017
Learn how Riley is working to help increase early diagnosis of autism in Indiana.×
Watch this VideoMore
Simon Skjodt Child and Adolescent Behavioral Health Unit at Riley Hospital February 10, 2017
Thanks to a visionary donor, Riley Hospital has a brand new wing. Here’s a behind-the-scenes look before patients arrived in November 2016.×
2016 Hope Happens Here Luncheon Finale Video December 20, 2016
Watch our 2016 Hope Happens Here Luncheon Finale Video presented by Barnes & Thornburg LLP.×
John Andretti honored as Champion for Children December 20, 2016
Congratulations to John Andretti on receiving the 2016 Dr. Morris Green Champion for Children Award.×
Meet our 2017 Riley Champions December 15, 2016
Each year, several special children who show courage and selfless dedication to others through philanthropic efforts are selected to serve as Riley Champions.×
2016 Hope Happens Here Luncheon Recap November 22, 2016
Watch our recap video from the 2016 Hope Happens Here Luncheon.×
Family Support Programs at Riley Hospital November 18, 2016
Meet members of the Riley Child Life and Social Work team! Donors fund 75 percent of Child Life and 25 percent of Social Work services at Riley Hospital.×
Riley kids Say Thank You to Researchers November 18, 2016
Riley kids Caleb, Chloe, Cierra and Dane had the opportunity to meet and thank researchers who are working to cure childhood diseases.×
Meet Kyle Thompson November 18, 2016
Riley kid Kyle Thompson's story shows the importance of supporting Maternity and Newborn Care.×