Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health is one of the nation’s best children’s hospitals. Expert, family-centered pediatric care is available at Riley for every child who needs it.
Riley Hospital opened in 1924 as the state’s first hospital exclusively for children.
Now, more than 90 years later, Riley is home to the state’s largest pediatric research program, where physician-scientists move their discoveries as quickly as possible to the bedsides of children.
Children visit Riley more than 300,000 times each year.
Leading the Way
Did you know that Riley Hospital:
- Is the only hospital in Indiana that is nationally-ranked by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Children’s Hospitals
- Is home to Indiana’s only Level I Pediatric Trauma Center, Pediatric Burn Unit, Pediatric Stem Cell Transplantation Program and Pediatric Dialysis Program
- Offers more clinical trials for children than any other hospital in the state
- Treats the vast majority of children in Indiana diagnosed with cancer
- Is Indiana’s only comprehensive children’s hospital, with experts in every pediatric specialty: urology; diabetes & endocrinology; pulmonology; nephrology; neurology & neurosurgery; orthopedics; gastroenterology & GI surgery; cardiology & heart surgery; cancer; and neonatology.
Helping Riley Hospital
Riley is the renowned hospital it is today in large part due to financial support from generous partners like you.
Your gifts through Riley Children’s Foundation make it possible for Riley to conduct lifesaving pediatric research and enhance treatment for patients with family-centered services.
In This Section
A Piece of Riley June 27, 2019
I am the Riley Wagon. I mean a lot of things to different people. I'm also a way for donors, like the Burr family, to give back to Riley Hospital for Children.×
Be the Star You Are May 22, 2019
Check out this behind the scenes look at the 2019 Riley Cancer Center Prom.×
Meet Rowan Breyts March 19, 2019
A baby dies in Indiana about every 14 hours. Rowan Breyts was not one of them. However, he came dangerously close.×
Christian's Research Story December 19, 2018
Learn how Riley research helped save Christian Daugherty's life.×
Kennedy's Story: How Family Support Helps December 19, 2018
Watch the Strayer Family's story about their Riley journey.×
Sheila and Jameson's Story December 19, 2018
Sheila Dolan shares how the donor-funded Riley Maternity and Newborn Health team saved her life, and her son’s life.×
Be the Hope NOW: The Campaign for Kids December 19, 2018
We have launched a $175 million campaign for Riley Hospital to save kids’ lives through three high-priority programs.×
Riley Leadership Message December 19, 2018
Hear from Riley leadership about supporting Be the Hope NOW: The Campaign for Kids.×
2018 Race for Riley October 8, 2018
Congratulations to Race for Riley on 22 years and nearly $4 million raised for the kids at Riley Hospital.×
Meet Hunter Schermerhorn September 27, 2018
A phone call from Hunter’s school nurse turned a life changing cancer diagnosis for the Schermerhorn family. See how Riley research is helping kids like Hunter and his family find the answers they desperately need.×