Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health is one of the nation’s best children’s hospitals. Expert, family-centered pediatric care is available at Riley for every child who needs it.
Riley Hospital opened in 1924 as the state’s first hospital exclusively for children.
Now, more than 90 years later, Riley is home to the state’s largest pediatric research program, where physician-scientists move their discoveries as quickly as possible to the bedsides of children.
Children visit Riley more than 300,000 times each year.
Leading the Way
Did you know that Riley Hospital:
- Is the only hospital in Indiana that is nationally-ranked by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Children’s Hospitals
- Is home to Indiana’s only Level I Pediatric Trauma Center, Pediatric Burn Unit, Pediatric Stem Cell Transplantation Program and Pediatric Dialysis Program
- Offers more clinical trials for children than any other hospital in the state
- Treats the vast majority of children in Indiana diagnosed with cancer
- Is Indiana’s only comprehensive children’s hospital, with experts in every pediatric specialty: urology; diabetes & endocrinology; pulmonology; nephrology; neurology & neurosurgery; orthopedics; gastroenterology & GI surgery; cardiology & heart surgery; cancer; and neonatology.
Helping Riley Hospital
Riley is the renowned hospital it is today in large part due to financial support from generous partners like you.
Your gifts through Riley Children’s Foundation make it possible for Riley to conduct lifesaving pediatric research and enhance treatment for patients with family-centered services.
In This Section
Nurses Week 2020 May 7, 2020
A heartfelt thank you to the nurses at Riley Hosptial for Children as we celebrate Nurses Week!×
Waiting for Two Miracles April 27, 2020
Riley mom Amie Hastings lost her job due to the coronavirus pandemic. Your donations to the Riley Relief Fund provides emergency assistance to Riley families during the coronavirus crisis. It also supports Riley program and team member needs, and gives doctors, nurses and other healthcare professionals flexibility as they respond to the evolving healthcare crisis.×
Happy Birthday, Teddy! April 16, 2020
Riley kid Giancarlo "Teddy" Gomez celebrates his eighth birthday at Riley Hospital for Children. Please join us in wishing him a Happy Birthday!×
A Piece of Riley June 27, 2019
I am the Riley Wagon. I mean a lot of things to different people. I'm also a way for donors, like the Burr family, to give back to Riley Hospital for Children.×
Be the Star You Are May 22, 2019
Check out this behind the scenes look at the 2019 Riley Cancer Center Prom.×
Meet Rowan Breyts March 19, 2019
A baby dies in Indiana about every 14 hours. Rowan Breyts was not one of them. However, he came dangerously close.×
Kennedy's Story: How Family Support Helps December 19, 2018
Watch the Strayer Family's story about their Riley journey.×
Riley Leadership Message December 19, 2018
Hear from Riley leadership about supporting Be the Hope NOW: The Campaign for Kids.×
Christian's Research Story December 19, 2018
Learn how Riley research helped save Christian Daugherty's life.×
Sheila and Jameson's Story December 19, 2018
Sheila Dolan shares how the donor-funded Riley Maternity and Newborn Health team saved her life, and her son’s life.×