Be a Hero for Riley Kids! Register for Torch Relay 3-mile Walk
This year’s theme is “Going the Distance” and participants are invited to dress up like superheroes. Families are encouraged to participate in this 3-mile walk along the White River canal in downtown Indianapolis which will start and end at Fairbanks Hall.
Torch Relay is part of a unique multi-day event where participants raise money for their local Children’s Miracle Network (CMN) Hospital. All proceeds will go directly to Riley Children’s Foundation in support of Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health, Indiana’s only CMN Hospital.
“I truly believe if every person got to watch just one day in the life of a child fighting cancer, we wouldn’t need anybody to ask for donations for pediatric research,” says Sandy Davis, mother of Cooper Davis, Riley kid and cancer survivor.
Indianapolis is one of 19 cities where Torch Relay will take place in 2017. Since the first Torch Relay in 2002 the event has raised more than $11 million for CMN Hospitals.
- Saturday, September 9, 2017, 11 a.m. at Fairbanks Hall, located at 340 West 10th Street, Indianapolis. Parking is free adjacent to the building.
- On-site registration begins at 10 a.m.
- To earn the 2017 Torch Relay t-shirt, registrants are asked to raise $40 for Riley Hospital for Children. Register at Torch-Relay.org and select Indianapolis. Online registration ends Friday, September 8, 2017 at 6:00 p.m.
Featured speakers include:
- Melissa Fishel, Associate Research Professor, Wells Center for Pediatric Research, Riley Hospital for Children
- Karen Pollok, Associate Professor of Pediatrics, Wells Center for Pediatric Research, Riley Hospital for Children
- Sandy Davis, mom of 13-year-old Riley kid and cancer survivor Cooper Davis
- Refreshments at the finish line and family fun activities.
Riley Children’s Foundation
Riley Children’s Foundation is the fundraising arm of Riley Hospital for Children at Indiana University Health and the founding organization that opened Riley Hospital in 1924. Today Riley Hospital is recognized as one of the best children’s hospitals in the nation and is the only comprehensive children’s research hospital in the state of Indiana. Our mission is to raise funds statewide to support Riley Hospital funding priorities: pediatric research and patient care, maternity and newborn health and family support programs. Riley Children’s Foundation also funds Camp Riley and the James Whitcomb Riley Museum Home and Billie Lou Wood Visitor Center. For more information, visit RileyKids.org.
About Torch Relay
The Torch Relay for Children's Miracle Network Hospitals is a registered 501(c) 3 non-profit corporation, and an all-volunteer organization that is supported by generous corporate sponsors. Participant funds benefit the local CMN Hospital in the city where they were raised.