Motorcyclists Raise Money in Miracle Ride to Benefit Riley Hospital
One of the largest motorcycle charity events in the U.S.—and the largest and longest-running in Indiana—takes place right here in Indianapolis on June 4. The 24th annual Miracle Ride kicks off at 11:00 a.m. from Allison Transmission in Speedway, Ind. The event has raised over $5.9 million making Miracle Ride the largest independent fundraising donor for Riley Hospital for Children.
Motorcyclists raise money through fundraising efforts and registration fees of $50 per rider. Donations support the general benefit fund of Riley Children’s Foundation, addressing Riley Hospital’s most urgent needs.
Highlights of the approximate 90-minute ride include:
- Opening ceremonies at 10:00 a.m., Allison Transmission, One Allison Way, Indianapolis
- Ceremony includes: Gordon Pipers, Miracle Ride Ambassador Riley families, greeting by Terry Reilly, Miracle Ride Executive Director
- Memorial tribute to Michael Farabaugh, co-founder of Miracle Ride and Jim Kissee, longtime Miracle Ride volunteer
- Ride starts at 11:00 a.m.
- Riding past Riley Hospital (weather permitting, Riley patients, families and caregivers often stand outside waving to the motorcyclists in gratitude.)
- Riding around the Indianapolis Motor Speedway—one of the few times motorcycles are on the track this year!
- Ride ends at Miracle Ride tent for celebration at 143 N. Lynhurst Drive, Indianapolis (parking lot of 8 Seconds Saloon).
Two auxiliary events for the Miracle Ride:
- Friday, June 2 | 2:00 – 3:30 p.m.: Miracle Ride party in the Child Life Zone. Riley Hospital. Riley patients and families enjoy motorcycle-themed crafts, games and prizes.
- Saturday, June 3 | 9:00 a.m. – Noon: Miracle Ride Poker Run, Indianapolis start, Southside Harley Davidson, 4930 Southport Crossing Place, Indianapolis.
Motorcyclists begin here in support of the Miracle Ride, ending at the Miracle Ride tent at 143 N. Lynhurst Drive. Riley kid Sydney Reed, a cancer survivor, will be on hand to share her Riley story and take a photo with the poker run riders and a Harley-Davidson motorcycle. Riley family Rachel and Arthur Scott and their daughter Vivian will also be on hand to share Vivian’s story.
About Riley Children’s Foundation
Riley Children’s Foundation is the fundraising arm of Riley Hospital for Children at Indiana University Health and the founding organization that opened Riley Hospital in 1924. Today Riley Hospital is recognized as one of the best children’s hospitals in the nation and is the only comprehensive children’s research hospital in the state of Indiana. Our mission is to raise funds statewide to support Riley Hospital funding priorities: pediatric research and patient care, maternity and newborn health and family support programs. Riley Children’s Foundation also funds Camp Riley and the James Whitcomb Riley Museum Home and Billie Lou Wood Visitor Center. For more information, visit RileyKids.org | MiracleRide.net