Patients search for "Treasures of the Sea" at Riley Cancer Center Family Prom
All too often children undergoing cancer treatments cannot stray too far from home, but at this year’s eighth annual Riley Cancer Center Family Prom more than 250 patients, family members and staff from Riley Hospital for Children at Indiana University Health will enjoy an evening of dancing, food and fun. Themed “Treasures of the Sea,” the Prom takes place Friday, May 5.
Riley Day Spa and “man cave”
• No Prom is complete without a styled look, so patients and family members have booked complimentary hair, make-up and manicure appointments at the “Riley Day Spa.”
• Spa guests will be pampered in the hours leading up to the main event.
• For the boys and fathers, the Day Spa offers a “man cave” with video games and activities while they wait patiently for their “dates” to complete their beauty treatments.
A community of support
Many sponsors have stepped forward to make everyone feel special, providing everything from beauty products and professional services to food for the event.
• On April 20 and 21, patients and siblings visited “Promingdale’s sponsored by PwC,” where personalized shoppers helped them select their dream outfits. More than 1,000 donated dresses, tuxedos, shoes, purses, jewelry and other accessories lined the shelves.
• Women for Riley, Riley Cancer Center, and Riley Children’s Foundation partner in this special initiative for children.
• Approximately 100 Women for Riley members donate their time and money towards projects at Riley Hospital, with priorities focused on Riley Cancer Center Family Prom and funding grants for Indiana’s only nationally ranked and comprehensive children’s hospital.
• Each year, the vast majority of children diagnosed with cancer in Indiana turn to Riley Hospital for their treatment. Riley sees 200 new patients and 350 ongoing patients annually.
To make a donation to Riley Hospital’s cancer center or pediatric cancer research, visit RileyKids.org.
About Riley Children’s Foundation
Riley Children’s Foundation is the fundraising arm of Riley Hospital for Children at Indiana University Health and the founding organization that opened Riley Hospital in 1924. Today Riley Hospital is recognized as one of the best children’s hospitals in the nation and is the only comprehensive children’s research hospital in the state of Indiana. Our mission is to raise funds statewide to support Riley Hospital funding priorities: pediatric research and patient care, maternity and newborn health and family support programs. Riley Children’s Foundation also funds Camp Riley and the James Whitcomb Riley Museum Home and Billie Lou Wood Visitor Center. For more information, visit RileyKids.org.