Reason to Dance, Reason for Hope
Celebrity and professional dancers come together next Friday night dancing under the stars at the Indiana Roof Ballroom for Reason to Dance, Reason for Hope. Dancers raise money for Riley Hospital for Children and the event is modeled after the “Dancing with the Stars” television show.
This event has grown in popularity. The total four-year impact is $306,000 with $153,000 going to Child Life programs at Riley Hospital and $153,000 to Research at the Wells Center for Pediatric Research, which sits right behind the hospital.
The Indiana Roof Ballroom is located at 140 West Washington Street, Indianapolis. The main entrance is on Washington Street through the Indiana Repertory Theater Building.
Media is invited to:
- 6:00 p.m. – 6:45 p.m. Cocktail Reception
- V.I.P. gathering - Meet special guest Tommy Johnson, Jr., top fuel drag racer for Don Schumacher Racing and driver of the Riley Children’s Foundation funny car
- General cocktail reception on main floor for all ticket holders
- 6:55 p.m. Welcome
- 8:00 p.m. Opening group dance number and judges will be introduced.
- 8:10 p.m. Dance competition
- 8:50 p.m. 2019 Riley Champion Kate Malone will share her story. This 15-year-old high school junior from West Lafayette, Ind. will speak about being diagnosed with type 1 diabetes and leukemia, and how research and care at Riley Hospital is making her life better.
- 9:25 p.m. Second half of dance competition begins
- 10.:25 p.m. Announcement of winners, including Riley’s Kids’ Choice Award
Celebrity dancers include:
- Alexa Green, reporter for Fox59/CBS4
- Thadeus Starsiak, star of the hit HGTV show, “Good Bones”
- Charles Torwudzo, former Purdue football player
- Lahapa Brown, President and senior member, Ft. Wayne Derby Girls
- Complete list of celebrities HERE.
For more information on REASON TO DANCE, REASON FOR HOPE visit www.reasontodance.org. The event is presented by Indianapolis based Global Health.