Reason to Dance, Reason for Hope
Celebrity and professional dancers will come together Friday night to dance under the stars at the Indiana Roof Ballroom for this year’s Reason to Dance, Reason for Hope presented by Global Health Systems Foundation. All proceeds from the event are donated to Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health to benefit Riley’s Child Life program and pediatric research. The event is modeled after the popular “Dancing with the Stars” television show and has grown in popularity over its four-year history. Last year, $108,000 was donated to Riley, for a total three-year impact of $206,000. Half of all proceeds go to the Child Life program and half to pediatric research at Riley.
Votes for celebrities and donations can be made online now through Friday evening.
Media is invited to:
- 6 p.m. Cocktails and silent auction for all will be on the first floor; and a VIP hour will take place on the upper level to celebrate and thank Platinum and Gold-level sponsors. The VIP area includes special guests Myna Starsiak and Tad Starsiak from HGTV’s hit show based in Indianapolis, “Good Bones.”
- 8 p.m. Ballroom competition begins
- Approx. 8:50 p.m. 2017 Riley Champion Sydney Clifford will share her story. This 15-year-old is a junior at Roncalli High School and is from Franklin, Ind. She will speak about being diagnosed with type 1 diabetes and how research and care at Riley Hospital is making her life better.
- 10 p.m. Professional entertainment, announcement of awards (including Riley Children’s Choice Award, Judge’s Choice, Judge’s Runner-up, and Grand Champion)
Celebrity dancers include:
- Amanda Starrantino, evening anchor at Indy’s RTV6
- Karen Laine, star of the hit HGTV show, “Good Bones”
- Tom Powell, evening anchor at Fort Wayne’s NBC
- Robert Collins, M.D., Emergency Department physician at Riley Hospital
- Complete list of celebrities HERE.
The Indiana Roof Ballroom is located at 140 West Washington Street, Indianapolis. The main entrance is on Washington Street through the Indiana Repertory Theater Building.
- Chuck and Lisa Surack and Sweetwater
- Conserv Building Automation Systems
- Core Tech Revolution
- Indiana Thermal Solutions
- Leach & Russell Mechanical Contractors, Inc.
For more information on REASON TO DANCE, REASON FOR HOPE visit www.reasontodance.org. The event is presented by Indianapolis based Global Health.
About Riley Children’s Foundation
Riley Children’s Foundation is the fundraising arm of Riley Hospital for Children at Indiana University Health and the founding organization that opened Riley Hospital in 1924. Today Riley Hospital is recognized as one of the best children’s hospitals in the nation and is the only comprehensive children’s research hospital in the state of Indiana. Our mission is to raise funds statewide to support Riley Hospital funding priorities: pediatric research and patient care, maternity and newborn health and family support programs. Riley Children’s Foundation also funds Camp Riley and the James Whitcomb Riley Museum Home and Billie Lou Wood Visitor Center. For more information, visit RileyKids.org.