16 Ways Your Gifts Have Helped Riley
Have you ever wondered how Riley Hospital uses the donations made by people in the community? Those gifts, made through Riley Children’s Foundation, touch each and every child who visits Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health.
Here are just a few examples how your gifts have helped several units at Riley Hospital:
Cancer Center and Stem Cell Transplant Unit
- Support for clinical research specialists, Wells Center pediatric oncology research, and recruitment of two new faculty to the Cancer Center: Dr. Emily Mueller and Dr. Monica Khurana
- Supplies for cancer patients including graphing calculators, special crafts for teens and older children, books, DVDs and an iPad
Child Life and Creative Arts Therapies
- Critical salary support for: Child Life Specialists; Art Therapy and Dance/Movement Therapy.
- Program support for the Riley School Program; Music Therapy and Pet Therapy.
- Games, toys, computers and iPads to bring children joy and comfort
- Salary support for critical social work positions
- Emergency funds for Riley families’ needs such as meals, housing and transportation
- Scholarships that have allowed Riley nurses to advance their degrees and pursue advanced leadership training
- Training and certification funding for four Riley Emergency Medicine and Trauma Center nurses to learn procedures for sexual abuse victims.
Newborn Intensive Care Unit
- The NICU Simulation Outreach Education Program, which conducted more than 91 programs serving 2,325 providers throughout Indiana
- A new NeuroNICU program and EEG machines to monitor the brains of at-risk babies
- The NICU Family Support Program
- The new Simon Family Tower unit with all private rooms and adjacent cardiovascular ICU
- Support for heart research including: developing strategies to protect and/or replace heart muscle cells following injury, and investigating molecular cues which give rise to normal and abnormal cardiac development
- New operating room suites and surgical PICU in the Simon Family Tower
- A comfortable new family waiting lounge
Whether you have attended a Riley fundraising event, made a personal donation, participated in a Dance Marathon, or found other ways to support the Riley mission, thank you for your support. You have made a difference for sick and injured children.
Visit www.RileyKids.org to find out more ways you can help Riley.
comments powered by Disqus