New member classes are formed once a year and prospective member events are held throughout the year.
If you would like more information regarding membership, email WomenForRiley@rileykids.org and designate Membership in the subject line.
ACTIVE MEMBERS EXPECTATIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Years of Service: Be an active member of Women for Riley for three years. After three years, members have the option to remain active on yearly basis or become an Associate Member. Associate Members continue engagement with Riley Hospital, but not in an active capacity.
- Annual Gift: Women for Riley members commit to making an annual gift of $1,000 or more to Riley Children’s Foundation by October of each year. We require 100% participation so we can meet our philanthropic goals and create the greatest collective impact on Riley kids.
- Community Ambassador: Attend the new member orientation meeting and take a tour of Riley Hospital for Children to become knowledgeable about Riley Children’s Foundation, Riley Hospital for Children and Camp Riley. Become educated about the grants program supported by Women for Riley.
- Meetings: Attend a minimum of three out of our five general meetings.
- Participate: Help sustain the organization by attending meetings, becoming an officer or chairing a committee, serving on a committee and volunteering for Women for Riley special projects. Members are also asked to vote to approve new grants at the February general meetings after reviewing all grants and the evaluation and recommendation of the Grants Committee.
- Prom: The Riley Cancer Center Prom is Women for Riley’s signature project. Members have the opportunity to help patients and their families in an intimate setting. Each member is asked to serve on a Prom Committee.
- Member Engagement: Women become involved because of their passion for Riley Hospital, but it is also a chance to meet and work with other women who share a common purpose. Plan to attend social functions to get to know other members and help the group develop an esprit de corps.
- Foundation events: Participate in Riley Children’s Foundation events such as the Annual Luncheon and Riley Society Events.
- Volunteer: Members can become trained Riley volunteers and participate in arts and crafts activities each month at the hospital.
- Member recruitment: Help to identify and recommend potential Women for Riley members. Attend the annual new member coffee, sponsor prospective members and attend the spring luncheon in May to welcome new members.
In This Section
Your Impact on the Riley Relief Fund June 2, 2020
We put out the call that Riley Hospital for Children needed help during the COVID pandemic and you answered. Find out how your donations impacted Riley kids, their families, and hospital staff.×
Nurses Week 2020 May 7, 2020
A heartfelt thank you to the nurses at Riley Hosptial for Children as we celebrate Nurses Week!×
Waiting for Two Miracles April 27, 2020
Riley mom Amie Hastings lost her job due to the coronavirus pandemic. Your donations to the Riley Relief Fund provides emergency assistance to Riley families during the coronavirus crisis. It also supports Riley program and team member needs, and gives doctors, nurses and other healthcare professionals flexibility as they respond to the evolving healthcare crisis.×
Happy Birthday, Teddy! April 16, 2020
Riley kid Giancarlo "Teddy" Gomez celebrates his eighth birthday at Riley Hospital for Children. Please join us in wishing him a Happy Birthday!×
A Piece of Riley June 27, 2019
I am the Riley Wagon. I mean a lot of things to different people. I'm also a way for donors, like the Burr family, to give back to Riley Hospital for Children.×
Be the Star You Are May 22, 2019
Check out this behind the scenes look at the 2019 Riley Cancer Center Prom.×
Meet Rowan Breyts March 19, 2019
A baby dies in Indiana about every 14 hours. Rowan Breyts was not one of them. However, he came dangerously close.×
Be the Hope NOW: The Campaign for Kids December 19, 2018
We have launched a $175 million campaign for Riley Hospital to save kids’ lives through three high-priority programs.×
Kennedy's Story: How Family Support Helps December 19, 2018
Watch the Strayer Family's story about their Riley journey.×
Sheila and Jameson's Story December 19, 2018
Sheila Dolan shares how the donor-funded Riley Maternity and Newborn Health team saved her life, and her son’s life.×